Manga, a certain style of Japanese comics or graphic novels, started to develop in the late 19th century. Steve, an excellent map designer in Hampshire, adopted this particular style to maps. Here’s the result:
– Pan map: Tap on map and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Pinch with two fingers
– Tilt map: Tap with two fingers and drag up or down
– Rotate map: Tap with two fingers and rotate
Laptop with mouse:
– Click on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Left click on map with mouse and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Mousewheel or ‘+’ ‘-‘ keys on keyboard
– Tilt map: Right click and drag mouse pointer up or down
– Rotate map: Right click and drag mouse pointer left or right
This map isn’t specifically about Winchester, it works anywhere in the world, though I think the blocky cathedral in front of St. Giles Hill works quite well.
You can move the map to different areas of town. Have fun exploring Winchester as a cartoon!
More about Winchester Maps.