full screen mode
zoom out to see the entire Clarendon Way (thick pink line)
compass to orient the map – north at the top
locate your current position on the map (browser will ask for permission, works best on phones due to use of GPS). We don’t track your location.
– Tap on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Tap on map and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Pinch with two fingers
– Tilt map: Tap with two fingers and drag up or down
– Rotate map: Tap with two fingers and rotate
Laptop with mouse:
– Click on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Left click on map with mouse and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Mousewheel or ‘+’ ‘-‘ keys on keyboard
– Tilt map: Right click and drag mouse pointer up or down
– Rotate map: Right click and drag mouse pointer left or right
full screen mode
This is the beginning (or end if you walk from Salisbury to Winchester) of the Clarendon Way. We start at Winchester Cathedral and follow the Clarendon Way on a circuitous route to Sarum Road on Keats Walk, Whiteshute Ridge and through South Winchester Golf Club. The return follows Sarum Road and cuts across to the city centre via Sleepers Hill and Peninsula Barracks.
Use any city centre car park if you need to drive or walk to Winchester Cathedral from the Station. There are plenty of cafes, pubs and restaurants in town. This walk connects to loop 2.
Length: 10.4 km / 6.5 miles
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes at a swift pace + breaks
Difficulty: Moderate – 208 m total ascent
Highlights of Clarendon Way loop 1
More walks: walkWINCHESTER 12 walk challenge.