full screen mode
zoom out to see the entire Clarendon Way (thick pink line)
compass to orient the map – north at the top
locate your current position on the map (browser will ask for permission, works best on phones due to use of GPS). We don’t track your location.
– Tap on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Tap on map and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Pinch with two fingers
– Tilt map: Tap with two fingers and drag up or down
– Rotate map: Tap with two fingers and rotate
Laptop with mouse:
– Click on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Left click on map with mouse and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Mousewheel or ‘+’ ‘-‘ keys on keyboard
– Tilt map: Right click and drag mouse pointer up or down
– Rotate map: Right click and drag mouse pointer left or right
full screen mode
The second loop on the Clarendon Way leads to West Wood. You can either start near Sarum Farm or from Crab Wood car park further to the west. The Clarendon Way follows Sarum Road and is often wide enough with verges to walk on. However, the road can be busy with cars and bicycles, particularly on weekends.
For the stretch to the West of Crab Wood car park we suggest a route that slightly diverts from Clarendon Way and follows paths in the woods roughly parallel to Sarum road. We think this makes for a better walk–for the purist version, just stay on Sarum Road.
Start from Crab Wood car park or walk to Kilham Lane/Sarum Road intersection (near Kings school). There are no restaurants, cafes or shops nearby.
Length: 9.0 km / 5.6 miles
Time: 2 hours 10 minutes at a swift pace + breaks
Difficulty: Moderate – 147 m total ascent
Highlights of Clarendon Way loop 2
More walks: walkWINCHESTER 12 walk challenge.