Update 2/3/2021: The course is now closed – this walk is no longer possible.
The good people at the Royal Winchester Golf Club opened access for excercise around the perimeter of the Golf Course in early January 2021 – this should last until the Club opens again following the early 2021 lockdown.
It’s a great short walk with nice, sweeping views towards Chilbolton Avenue and a row of slightly awkward and excentric looking trees towards Lanham Lane. Enjoy whilst access is granted and observe the rules, as this is a walk on private land.
full screen mode
compass to orient the map – north at the top
locate your current position on the map (browser will ask for permission, works best on phones due to use of GPS). We don’t track your location.
– Tap on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Tap on map and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Pinch with two fingers
– Tilt map: Tap with two fingers and drag up or down
– Rotate map: Tap with two fingers and rotate
Laptop with mouse:
– Click on symbols for more information about the walks and starting points
– Pan map: Left click on map with mouse and drag into any direction
– Zoom In/out: Mousewheel or ‘+’ ‘-‘ keys on keyboard
– Tilt map: Right click and drag mouse pointer up or down
– Rotate map: Right click and drag mouse pointer left or right
full screen mode
Length: 2.9 km / 1.8 miles
Time: allow an hour or so
Difficulty: Easy – 85 m total ascent
no parking permitted at Golf course, walk can be accessed by foot from surrounding areas
How did the area now occupied by the Club look on the Ordnance Survey map in 1898?